You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internet Explorer Shortcut

Since updating to Yosemite my Internet Explorer no longer works. I have Virtual Box and can run Internet Explorer on my MacBook Pro. How do I get a shortcut of the Internet Explorer icon on my desktop or at least an actual icon even if it won't link to the application? I have one that is like a place holder but it has a white box around it and I don't want the box. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Melody

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 12, 2015 7:31 AM

6 replies

Sep 12, 2015 12:29 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

Thanks so much for your help. Is there any way to get a picture of the Internet Icon on my desktop even if it doesn't work (place holder) without a box around it? I have a picture but a white box around it. I have also downloaded one and made a pdf but it isn't a replica of the Internet Icon. Any ideas how I can do this?

Sep 12, 2015 12:45 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

HI Bob;

Thanks. I like the 8th one and I dragged it to my desktop. It is the same one I have with the white box around it. Is there any way to have just the e without the white box that you are aware of? I upgraded from SnowLeopard all the way to Yosemite and trying to get things setup again they way I had them. I have updated ICQ, found TechTool Pro 4 that there is no free upgrade but it is available. Am trying to locate a free download upgrade of AOL Instant Messenger, Windows Media Player, Limewire. Any icon's that are no longer working with Yosemite. Finding Time Machine taking forever!

It means so much that I have your help. You are a life saver!

Internet Explorer Shortcut

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.