Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My son`s 4s "find my phone" works only on WiFi, but when no WiFi doesn`t work and I can`t locate it on 3g. until a few days ago was working perfectly. there is ios 8.4.1. Everything is set normaly. what is the problem?

My son`s 4s "find my phone" works only on WiFi, but when no WiFi doesn`t work and I can`t locate it on 3g. until a few days ago was working perfectly. there is ios 8.4.1. Everything is set normaly. what is the problem?

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.4.1, 8gb

Posted on Sep 12, 2015 7:45 AM

10 replies

Sep 12, 2015 1:28 PM in response to dar-mar

Try this experiment. While at home with the phone, swipe up from below the bottom of the screen to reveal the Control Center and tap WiFi to turn it off, so the phone is only connected to cellular data. Verify that other functions such as email and Safari work. Then log in to https://icloud.com/find. Does it locate the phone correctly and show that it is connected?

Sep 14, 2015 2:38 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

I did not expect that this will help, although the iPhone 4S using it for 2 years and I never had this problem with the location to find my phone. I did restart and works as a Swiss watch. Thank you Lawrence.

P.S. Maybe you have some tricks for 4s that I do not know. my battery is discharged very quickly, I use the internet a lot and a lot of calls but quickly emptied ... is this normal?

Sep 14, 2015 8:36 AM in response to dar-mar

Go to Settings/General/Usage - Battery Usage. Note the usage time and standby time. If they are different by an amount that reflects your actual usage then the phone is probably working as designed. If they are the same you have a broken app that is consuming power and not "resting." To help find the app look at the list of apps below and see which are using the most power.

You can also take it to an Apple store and they can test the battery and its remaining capacity. If it is below about 80% or so you can then make a decision of whether it's worth $79 for Apple to replace the battery.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.