Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I reset Safari to default?

I was just wondering how to reset safari to its natural, out-of-the-box, default state.

MacBook, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 12, 2015 7:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2015 7:18 AM

Also try going to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library./Caches/com.apple.Safari/Caches.db and move it to the trash.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2015 7:18 AM in response to iHumanPlus

Also try going to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library./Caches/com.apple.Safari/Caches.db and move it to the trash.

Sep 12, 2015 10:11 AM in response to iHumanPlus

As the "Reset Safari" option is no longer available, the best you can do is go to Preferences --> Privacy --> Remove all website data. Then, while your Preferences pane is open, go to the Advanced tab and click on "Show Develop menu in menu bar." Once you see it, click on Develop --> Empty Caches. Go back to your Preferences, click on Security, and make sure "Allow Plug-ins" is unchecked. You can then go in and uninstall all your extensions, clear all your bookmarks, and anything else you've added to it.

How do I reset Safari to default?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.