Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

powerbook G4 start updisk does nit show up on screen

I have an Powerbook G4 867MHz (Ti). The original HDD stopped under noise operating. Could not start under OS 9.1 or OS X.5.

Have replaced HDD.

When rebooting the A 1025 he was looking for System (alternating old Macintosh icon and ? icon)

When starting via C key wth OS9, the disk is not accepted. I want to run OS9.2 because of old software.

Tried Start up with os X.5 apple CD, and formatted the hard disk with disk utility to Mac OS Extended with option for OS9 disk operation.

HDD icon does not show up on screen

When starting via C key wth OS9, the disk is not accepted.

When starting OS X.5 it says: System cannot be loaded on this computer.

Have tried via target mode (T key) and found the HDD on my MacBookPro: found HDD of A1025 and restored from saved original A1025 HDD content.

Took normal copy time. But when rebooting the A 1025 he was looking for System (alternating old Macintosh icon and ? icon)

Same result:

When starting via C key wth OS9, the disk is not accepted.

When starting OS X.5 it says: System cannot be loaded on this computer.

What else can I do to check whether the disk is ok (seems ok for me since with target mode it seems to works).

How can I get a startup disk icon onto my screen?

PowerBook G4 (DVI), Mac OS 9.1.x

Posted on Sep 12, 2015 7:17 AM

There are no replies.

powerbook G4 start updisk does nit show up on screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.