Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrade program | social security |

I really need a social security number to become a member of the upgrade program of the iPhone ? What about if I don't have a social number but I have credit cards ? Help please

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 12, 2015 8:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2015 8:54 AM

How can you have credit cards without having a Social security number. That's not possible for US issued cards unless you are a resident alien with a Tax ID number. If you don't qualify for credit under Apple's upgrade program, then you'll have to buy it outright or put it on your credit card.

9 replies

Sep 13, 2015 10:28 AM in response to Freddypillco

This is what I am concerned too. I am a international student and have a U.S issued credit but don't have a SSN. Am I eligible for the iphone upgrade program? I called one of the apple store yesterday and they said that as long as you have U.S issued credit card and a state ID, you can apply for that upgrade program. And in the term of the iphone upgrade program, it doesn't mention the SSN thing. Well, we will see on Sep 25th.

Sep 13, 2015 10:43 AM in response to DavidMSB

DavidMSB wrote:

... And in the term of the iphone upgrade program, it doesn't mention the SSN thing. Well, we will see on Sep 25th.

See the quote below from http://www.apple.com/shop/iphone/iphone-upgrade-program?cid=wwa-us-kwg-iphone

You will be asked to provide your Social Security number and date of birth for a credit check. You will also need a valid U.S. personal credit card. Debit cards and prepaid cards are not accepted.

Upgrade program | social security |

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.