Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PUK and SMS on iPhone (no cellular provider)

I just recently acquired an iPhone with no cellular service to replace my iPod Touch. I thought that it would solve the only texting iDevices problem but it didn't. I also have a few questions about PUK codes. My deactivated iPhone 5 used to have AT&T 20.0 but I cancelled my payment so I only am on WiFi. It keeps on asking me for my PUK code but I have no cellular service. What do I do?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4

Posted on Sep 12, 2015 3:34 PM

1 reply

Sep 14, 2015 2:12 PM in response to rd1walker

Hello, rd1walker.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you have questions about the PUK or Personal Unlocking Key. You may be asked for this key when a passcode or SIM pin is set and entered incorrectly. You would need to contact the carrier for the SIM card to acquire the PUK code. Below, you will find the best two articles that explain the PUK code and how to use an iPhone without a carrier plan.

iOS: Understanding the SIM PIN

Using an iPhone without a wireless service plan

Cheers

PUK and SMS on iPhone (no cellular provider)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.