Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad is iCloud locked it is mine but password and user will not release, I have logged on to iCloud to remove the device and it is not registered on there so I am baffled?

my ipad is cloud locked,

it shows my email but when I log in it won't release, my password has changed as I had to reset it due to not remembering it,

i have followed instructions to try to remove lock but when logging into cloud/ find my iPhone it says no devices registered on there?

does anyone have any ideas?

iPad

Posted on Sep 13, 2015 2:15 AM

9 replies

Sep 13, 2015 7:17 AM in response to Dange66

Dange66 wrote:

my ipad is cloud locked,

it shows my email but when I log in it won't release, my password has changed as I had to reset it due to not remembering it,

i have followed instructions to try to remove lock but when logging into cloud/ find my iPhone it says no devices registered on there?

does anyone have any ideas?

Only the person who's Apple ID the iPad is locked to can remove it. Is it locked to your Apple ID?

Sep 13, 2015 9:51 AM in response to Briansyddall

Hi Brian,

yes yes I have had it from new, I did forget my password and reset it, entered it into the iCloud lock and it said it wasn't from this ID, but it shows my ID with a couple of characters hidden above the lock,

i also followed advice to log onto find my iphone to remove the device but it isn't showing any devices for me?

Sep 13, 2015 10:01 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

the he apple help section said to log on and remove the device, but I did have to use I forgot to reset my password, as I couldn't remember it in the first place, what course of action will the Apple Store take? Only its a pain to get to the nearest shop, also thank you for your assistance

roger also proof of purchase may be an issue as I bought it about 4 years ago it's an iPad 2

Ipad is iCloud locked it is mine but password and user will not release, I have logged on to iCloud to remove the device and it is not registered on there so I am baffled?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.