Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to install Boot Camp 6 on Windows 10

Hello,

I'm trying to install the Boot Camp 6 package with drivers in Windows 10.

Every time I run the setup it crashes after a approximately 30% with the error "Windows Installer stopped working".

Anyone that got a solution?

I've downloaded the new Boot Camp 6 software from Boot Camp assistant in OS X to USB-stick.

Both Windows 10 and OS X (10.10.5) is up-to-date.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 13, 2015 1:48 PM

8 replies

Sep 14, 2015 1:06 PM in response to Woodrow Gray

Woodrow Gray wrote:

Being a real newbie I'm asking what is the importance of the SSD file/folder on the USB stick? Thanks.

There is a long discussion at [urgent]get "appleSSD.sys" error when installing windows 7 through bootcamp . The issue with this driver is that it is unsigned in the package and W10 driver signature enforcement is causing problems (apart from other issues) for this specific driver. However, this driver is in the $WinPEDriver$ folder, which comes into play only during the initial installation, not when running setup.exe from the Bootcamp folder.

Nov 30, 2015 6:00 PM in response to chrbra

I'm having same problem, crashes then gets stuck on installing audio drives until I end the process, Have tried re-downloading them and installing from the desktop. Sometimes says nothing like image below, sometimes says Windows Installer has crashed

Anyone else have any ideas?

MPA 11" 2013, Windows 10 Pro, Bootcamp build 6133

User uploaded file

Trying to install Boot Camp 6 on Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.