Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VNC password wont change

Hello all,I am new to using these forums so please be gentle!

Problem: I am trying to set up a password for "screen sharing" on my iMac running Mountain Lion. I click in "computer settings" in the sharing option of screen sharing under system preferences>sharing - there is a blocked out password on there and I type a new one over the top. My mac prompts me for my user password to confirm changes, which I enter successfully and click OK. If I then click into the settings again the password has remained unchanged (I can't see the password, but I can see that it has reverted to the original number of characters and my password has not changed). It doesnt matter how often I try this, the password for VNC screen sharing will not change.

Please Please Please help me with a reason/fix for this...

Thank you in advance

iMac

Posted on Sep 13, 2015 2:39 PM

There are no replies.

VNC password wont change

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.