Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

time machine

My iTunes Library has a blank white page as the icon. I recently downloaded Malwareb...imalware (I think that is the name) and I am wondering if it affected my iTunes. So, I have many Home Videos in my iTunes and several of these videos (which are mostly my grandchildren) have a music icon where the Album Artwork (or a picture I put on) use to be. An exclamation mark is there also with a pop up box telling me about location.

My question is: I think I have found the original home video on my WD Passport for Mac which I use with Time Machine. IF I restore the video I found.....will anything be deleted on my external hard drive/Passport for Mac? Or do I need to do something also with the Library.itl.?

Thanks for any guidance or help.

I have a Macbook pro 13. I also have itunes most recent version.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 13, 2015 2:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2015 7:20 AM

I recently downloaded Malwareb...imalware

What prompted you to do that? Did you run it, or just download it? If you did run it, did the problem with iTunes start right afterwards?

6 replies

Sep 14, 2015 7:35 AM in response to Linc Davis

Thanks for responding. I downloaded this malwareb because the lady from my Apple Care Agreement plan told me to and ran it. My Mac was acting wierd at that time and I can't even recall what it was doing---and that is why. I just had been reading in the Apple Communities that anti-virus can do things such as mess with programs on my mac. And I believe everthing was OK with iTunes after running the anti-virus program. I also must say that sometime in the past couple of months I exported a couple of my Home Videos to iMovie from itunes to edit and me not knowing evidently what I was doing---somehow lost only 2 movies. A lot of this issue is me being ignorant in knowing how to use some applications. I have tried to read how but have messed up. Maybe my part in this issue has created something that is beyond me understanding how to remedy it. Or maybe the iTunes update did something. If you can help, this would be so much appreciated. Thank You

Sep 14, 2015 11:29 AM in response to Nelnore

I just had been reading in the Apple Communities that anti-virus can do things such as mess with programs on my mac.

That's right, and the advice you were given was, frankly, terrible.

If you are having problems with the iTunes library, I suggest you rebuild it:

How to re-create your iTunes library and playlists

Rebuilding an iTunes Library: How to Do It & What to Expect

First you must back up all data:

Mac Basics: Time Machine backs up your Mac - Apple Support

time machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.