Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple airport 5th gen unable to change name even after reset although my chosen name is listed

apple airport 5th gen unable to change name even after reset although my chosen name is listed. Purchased off eBay.

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), Seagate Barracuda not working in TC

Posted on Sep 13, 2015 5:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 9:06 PM

If you have not already done so, perform a Factory Default Reset on the 5th Gen AirPort as follows:

Power off the AirPort and wait a minute

Hold in the reset button first and keep holding it for an additional 7-8 seconds while you simultaneously plug the power back into the AirPort

Release the reset button after the 7-8 second hold and allow a full minute for the AirPort to restart to a slow, blinking amber light status

User uploaded file

The AirPort is now reset and can be set up again.....assuming that is is working normally. If you try the reset a few times and the settings cannot be changed on the AirPort, then you have a defective AirPort that should be returned to the seller.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2015 9:06 PM in response to MBPfan2

If you have not already done so, perform a Factory Default Reset on the 5th Gen AirPort as follows:

Power off the AirPort and wait a minute

Hold in the reset button first and keep holding it for an additional 7-8 seconds while you simultaneously plug the power back into the AirPort

Release the reset button after the 7-8 second hold and allow a full minute for the AirPort to restart to a slow, blinking amber light status

User uploaded file

The AirPort is now reset and can be set up again.....assuming that is is working normally. If you try the reset a few times and the settings cannot be changed on the AirPort, then you have a defective AirPort that should be returned to the seller.

apple airport 5th gen unable to change name even after reset although my chosen name is listed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.