Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch 5th Generation 16GB will not charge

Hello,

When I plug in my iPod Touch to a wall outlet, the charge icon in the corner of the touchscreen flickers twice, showing that I have full battery, then goes back to it's low charge. I then tried to charge it with my computer, and I still get the same problem. I have tried hard resetting and restarting my iPod multiple times. It appears that nothing has worked. I have followed multiple topics, but none can solve this issue. I have had the iPod for about a year and nine months now, as I got it on Christmas 2013. It is still in good condition, has no cracks, and has not ever been submerged/been near water. I have over three thousand photos, about or near twenty applications, and has worked perfectly ever since this situation which has occurred for about a week now. I have tried charging it with a video game console, and I still get this same problem.

There have been situations where I unplug the whole charger from an outlet and the iPod itself, waited about 3 minutes, plugged it in, and it has worked again. I have done video-calls and the iPod feels hot, and I unplug the charger, and it cools down again. Could this be a problem with my battery? I do not have the money to send the iPod into a shop and get it repaired. I do not believe my charger has a shortage, as I said before, the battery icon flickers twice, showing that it is fully-charged, and then returning to the red portion, showing that my iPod has limited charge left.

Is there a solution for this problem that does not require me to get it repaired? I would like to get this problem solved as quick as possible, as I require this iPod for an upcoming project I have due.

Thank you.

iPod touch, iOS 8.4, iPod is 16GB and 5th Generation

Posted on Sep 13, 2015 5:25 PM

1 reply

Sep 14, 2015 1:21 AM in response to NinjaPistol

Not Charge

- See:

iPod touch: Hardware troubleshooting

iPhone and iPod touch: Charging the battery

If you can’t charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

- Try another cable. The cable for 5G or later iPod (lightning connector) seems to be more prone to failure than the older cable.

- If a 5G ot later iPod

Iphone 5 lightning port charging problem - SOLUTION!

- Try another charging source

- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

The hotness suggests a battery problem. The Genius appointment/diagnostics is free.

iPod Touch 5th Generation 16GB will not charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.