Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch sport rash issue

User uploaded file

(Please mind the scratch we have a dog) So my wife and I both have the Apple watch sport with sport band, and my wife keeps having a rash come up on the underside of her wrist that is worse each time. There are two large red dots where the watch band is against her wrist. She isn't wearing it too tight, it's very comfortable...but these rashes are starting to cause discomfort (as I said getting worse). We cannot afford to pay for a different band, and frankly we shouldn't have to when the watch itself is $350 (for her). Is Apple doing anything to compensate people who are apparently allergic to something in the fleuroastomer (sp) material? If so, where do we sign up... Thanks for reading!

Apple Watch, null

Posted on Sep 13, 2015 7:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2015 9:42 PM

call apple. That's a safety issue. You'll be escalated to tier 2 and then tier 2 will get it to safety for you.

3 replies

Sep 14, 2015 2:13 AM in response to brandomeister

A small number of people will experience reactions to certain materials, but other factors may be causing the irritation.

Check in particular that your wife's watch and band are being kept clean and dry and that she is not wearing the band on top of any fragrances, soap, lotion, moisturiser, sunscreen or other topical skin care products. The watch and band should also be cleaned after any workouts, as sweat can also cause skin irritation if found between the watch and/or band and the skin.

Try cleaning the band by wiping it down with a recommended cloth (nonabrasive and lint-free) that has been lightly dampened with fresh water, then dry it with another recommended cloth.

Apple advises that, if you experience redness, swelling, itchiness, or any other irritation or discomfort on your skin around, or beneath, your Apple Watch, you remove Apple Watch and consult your physician before resuming wear.

More information:

Cleaning and wearing Apple Watch - Apple Support (including tips to avoid skin irritation)

Wearing Apple Watch - Apple Support

https://help.apple.com/watch/#/apdcf2ff54e9 (safety information and skin sensitivities)

Apple watch sport rash issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.