Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes not loading track info for albums ripped while offline

This started happening after upgrading to iTunes 12.2.

Previously, I was able to rip music while offline. Then I could connect to the internet later, select "Get Track Names" and iTunes would load the track information (artists, song title, etc.)

Yesterday when I tried this, iTunes told me "CDDB information is not available for some of these items" and none of them were updated.

There were about 30 CDs that I had ripped, a mixture of old and new releases, and I'm pretty positive iTunes/CDDB would know about most of them.

If I rip CDs while online, iTunes is able to pull the track information just fine.

I tried using "Get Track Names" on a song I recently ripped while online and I'm getting the same error message (I'm pretty sure that in the past, iTunes would have reverted the track name information if I'd modified it after ripping -- so it looks like that behavior changed as well).

If I look at file info for the items I ripped, I see that it says "encoded with" "iTunes 12.2.2.25" so it's not that the items were ripped with different software.

I can rip CDs and get the info, so it doesn't seem to be connectivity issue, maybe something changed with how "Get Track Names" works?

Has anyone else run into this problem and/or found a solution? (Other than re-ripping the music while online)

Posted on Sep 13, 2015 8:27 PM

2 replies

Oct 7, 2015 9:40 PM in response to brucefromvancouver

Unfortunately, I have found no solution within iTunes and there's no updates to fix it yet 😟

I had some success using the program musicbrainz picard to look up the song info. It didn't recognize all the songs and it had some issues with songs that were part of a compilation (found the original album, not the compilation), but it was still useful.

I'm hoping itunes will fix this soon!

In the meantime, I'll guess I'll go back and rip again (w/ wifi next time)

iTunes not loading track info for albums ripped while offline

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.