Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

the upload folder for Icloud photos is missing on PC. Upload folder has been moved/deleted

I have a message on PC that upload folder for icloud photos is missing. How do I pick new folder.

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.4

Posted on Sep 14, 2015 8:05 AM

3 replies

Oct 7, 2015 11:47 AM in response to robichaj1

I have exactly the same problem with Windows 10 Ultimate. I've had this problem for months now. Enabling Photos in the iCloud control panel sends my PC into a frenzy of continually complaining about this missing or moved folder. Very frustrating.

When I can finally take control of my PC back the only solution I have is to disable Photos the iCloud control panel.

Something is seriously broken. Does anyone yet have a solution or workaround to this frustrating bug?

Jan 15, 2016 10:31 PM in response to lynnfromgainesville

Here is my opinion .... The issue is with the Microsoft Windows "Notifications" function. There is no issue with the iCloud app or Uploads folder. My suggestion is to turn off Windows Notifications for the iCloud app. To do this (1) Click on the Menu Start button, (2) In the Search box at the bottom of the menu type "Notifications" and then click search or press Enter, (3) Scroll down the application list to "iCloud Services" and change the selection to "Hide icons and notifications". Click OK. The Notification: 'Upload folder for iCloud photos is missing" will no longer keep popping up over and over again.

the upload folder for Icloud photos is missing on PC. Upload folder has been moved/deleted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.