Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Locate Photos in iDVD Media Panel

I'm running 7.1.2 of iDVD on Mac OS X 10.10.5. My old iPhoto database has been updated for the Photos application but I cannot locate the database when searching through the different media options in iDVD. Movies and Music are there but I cannot get iDVD to locate Photos. I've deleted the preferences file and the AlbumData.xml file as suggested by earlier conversations but it is not working.

The only way I have been able to get still images into drop zones is to go to the individual folders and drag them. This works but it is only a workaround in my opinion. Can anyone point me in the right direction please so that I can get iDVD to "pickup" the Photo database and then just select images from the media pane as I used to do before my upgrade to Yosemite and Photo.

Thanks in advance,

Cliff, Brighton, UK

iMac (27-inch Late 2009), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Sep 14, 2015 10:10 AM

2 replies

Sep 15, 2015 8:41 AM in response to Cliff Drew1

Since iDVD reached it's end of life cycle over 2 years ago and is no longer being supported by Apple ]t is no longer compatible with some aspects of Yosemite - the media browser being one of them.

Therefore the workaround to use is to export the photos you want to use in your iDVD project to a folder on the hard drive and import them manually from there into iDVD. Do no move or remove the image files from that folder until the iDVD project is completed and either saved to disk image or burned.

I have not heard if iDVD will even run under El Capitan. I've created an external HD with a Mavericks system to run iDVD and some older apps when the time comes they won't run under the most current OS X system.

User uploaded file

Cannot Locate Photos in iDVD Media Panel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.