Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone needs fully downloaded attachments prior to forwarding

My iPhone needs to fully download attachments in an email before I can forward it.

I have an iPhone 6, using Exchange 2010 with ActiveSync.

Coming from a BlackBerry, I could see attachments on my phone and forward the email instantly without having to wait for the full attachment to download. Now on my new iPhone, I need to wait for the attachments to download (some of which can be a few MB) before I can move on. This ties up my phone while the download occurs.

Is there something I'm missing? I've googled for this issue and have come up with very little as a solution.

iPhone 6

Posted on Sep 14, 2015 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2015 12:42 PM

For anyone else searching for this issue, the term I was looking for is SmartForward with Exchange ActiveSync. Also SmartReply.

It appears the iOS mail client doesn't support these commands in Apple's implementation of ActiveSync.

If you need this functionality, download the free Microsoft Outlook for iOS app.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/microsoft-outlook/id951937596?mt=8

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2015 12:42 PM in response to JamesRCurrie

For anyone else searching for this issue, the term I was looking for is SmartForward with Exchange ActiveSync. Also SmartReply.

It appears the iOS mail client doesn't support these commands in Apple's implementation of ActiveSync.

If you need this functionality, download the free Microsoft Outlook for iOS app.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/microsoft-outlook/id951937596?mt=8

iPhone needs fully downloaded attachments prior to forwarding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.