Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change my country without a credit card

When I look at 'payment information', none is there and is selected but when I then go to 'country/region', there is only the ooption for credit cards, how do I select none? I only want to update my free apps from other regions, why does Apple need to make this so difficult?

Posted on Sep 14, 2015 12:29 PM

7 replies

Sep 14, 2015 12:44 PM in response to jm-85

After you enter valid payment details you will get the 'none' option and be able to remove them : Why can’t I select None when I edit my Apple ID payment information? - Apple Support

If you changed your country or region

When you change the country or region of an existing Apple ID, you must provide a payment method and update your billing options. If you want to remove your payment method after you change the country or region, you can change your payment information to None.

Sep 14, 2015 1:00 PM in response to jm-85

Even though the apps are free they may be restricted by the developers or governments for use by people in certain geographical regions. Apple uses valid country-specific payment information for verifying residency, though you can delete it so you do not actually have any payment form in the database. That is why you need to enter payment information.

How to change my country without a credit card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.