Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to reset PMU on powerbook G4a, 1.25 Ghz

Hi! How to reset PMU on powerbook G4a, 15", 1.25 GHz.; model: PowerBook5,2.

Recently both of the Firewire ports stopped working. I tested the external firewire hard drive on a Power Mac G5 and it worked. I thought resetting the PMU might help, but any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Ken

PowerBook, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Sep 15, 2015 10:44 AM

9 replies

Sep 16, 2015 8:41 AM in response to Klaus1

Klaus, this is great because I also have an old Power Mac G5 desktop that will at some time need a PMU reset. Now I know how to do that on this big boy.

Might you also be able to refer me to how to do the PMU reset on my laptop, the PowerBook G4 Aluminum, 1.25 GHz model? Thank you!

Also, a fantastic feline foto!

Gratefully,

Ken

Sep 17, 2015 11:38 AM in response to Klaus1

Klaus1 wrote:

Bingo! 🙂

... was his Name-O

I simply used Google Site search for the OP's first sentence (copy/paste PLUS)

[ How to reset PMU on powerbook G4a, 15", 1.25 GHz.; model: PowerBook5,2. site:support.apple.com ]

Internal search is not my cuppa tea. ;-(

buenos tardes, amigo

ÇÇÇ

PS: I have an ongoing Battery issue - turns out, I had been resetting PMU in my Pismo ALL WRONG!! Didn't solve it though (I don't think - maybe time will tell) [x-ed fingers]

Sep 22, 2015 2:13 PM in response to ChitlinsCC

Hello, ChitlinsCC,

Thanks for supporting us olde Apple folks. I am now so close to lifting my keyboard and doing the PMU process. The link you kindly provided explained:

Disengage the two keyboard latches located between the Esc and F1 keys, and the F11 and F12 keys. (You may also need to disengage the keyboard locking screw located between the F5 and F6 keys.)

I've looked at the two places to figure out how to disengage the two latches, but at this time am still puzzled about what to look for and how to do the disengage process without any collateral damage. Any further assistance would be appreciated.

Gratefully,

Ken

How to reset PMU on powerbook G4a, 1.25 Ghz

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.