Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the best method to troubleshoot my 93 year-old mother's iMac over the internet?

My 93 year-old mom lives 100 miles away and is always calling me with increasingly difficult iMac problems to help her solve.

She's a good sport, but when things get complicated, she can understandably get frustrated. And problems are increasingly getting too complex for her to even describe them clearly enough for me to be able to figure out how to solve them and talk her through it.

I want to be able to take control of her desktop and fix problems rather than walk her through them.

What's the best way to set this up?

One would think that this need to help parents would be so widespread that the app to make it happen would be one of the most popular apps on the market.

Steve

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), Safari 8.0.8, Mail 8.2, Contacts 9.

Posted on Sep 15, 2015 6:01 PM

12 replies

Sep 16, 2015 7:18 AM in response to BobTheFisherman

I'm on it. I'm on it.

I'm waiting from a response from their support department for essentially the same questions I have raised here.

If they convince me to try it - and it works without my even having to drive the 200 miles round trip to install Teamviewer on her end (dream on) I will give all who advised me to look at Teamviewer full thumbs up.

But please be sensitive to the trepidation and complexity involved. I'm trying to be a good son even though I am a very busy son. I'm trying to accomplish 50 other tasks even while finally trying to make some progress with this issue that's been gnawing at me for some time.

Steve

What is the best method to troubleshoot my 93 year-old mother's iMac over the internet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.