Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes distributor application error

I have been trying in vain (in behalf of my company) to move forward with this application, but my efforts have always come up with nothing. I have even spoken to a representative from the hotline but to no avail.

I have been experiencing a problem with this application that I have never encountered before with previous ebook and app distribution applications. I don't understand what seems to be the problem since all our affairs seem to be in order. It's just that I'm always encountering a problem with this one thing. 😟😕

To better illustrate my dilemma, I'm going to outline the steps I took in order to apply for music distribution:

1. I logged in through our iTunes account.
  2. I scroll down to click the music link under the Media category.
  3. I read what is written on the page, which are FAQs. Keep in mind we already have two previous iTunes account (one for distributing ebooks and another for distributing apps, so this is not new to us). One of the items said that we need to make a new apple ID to be able to sell music. And I quote from the site: "If you currently have an iTunes Connect account to offer apps or books, you must create a new iTunes Connect account with a different Apple ID." We created an email specifically for distributing music/audio so there should be no problem. So then we moved forward to the application.
  4. On the application, when asked to select the content we want to distribute from the drop-down menu, I chose music.
  5. When asked if we were already set up to sell music, TV, and movies to iTunes, I clicked yes (because we already have the necessary Tax IDs and other requirements in place. I clicked Continue.
  6. The technical requirements page came up. I clicked Continue again.
  7. The iTunes Connect Account page came up, the one that asked for the Apple ID and the password. It also said, and I quote, "To continue with this application, you must have an Admin or Legal iTunes Connect account that is already set up to sell content on iTunes. If you have this type of account, use it to sign in here." So what I did was sign in using the details for the iTunes Connect account for our account.
  8. The Tax ID Verification page came up. I furnished the information they needed and put the last 4 digits of our US Tax ID.
  9. Seller Information page comes up. I made sure that the details were correct and then I went to the bottom to check all the boxes on the Territory Rights portion. I then clicked Continue.
  10. An error prompt comes up. It said that, and I quote, "The following error(s) occurred:

An entity with the U.S. Tax ID you entered already has an account to distribute Music on the iTunes Store. If you also want that account to distribute Music, an existing Admin or Legal user must use their iTunes Connect account to sign in here."

So that's the problem. I haven't been able to go further from there. I have tried calling and emailing hotlines, but I only keep going in circles. Or worse, my emails and calls go unanswered. This is my 5th time following up the status of this account (email and phone calls, which advised me to email US Independent Label Relations -- and I already have numerous times) but here I am. I'm going to try calling the hotline again and see if I can get something that could finalize my application and finally, finally be able to sell our music/audio at the iTunes. I started my application in July. It's September 16 as I type this. That's too long of a time to spend applying for something.😟 😢😢😢

And to add, I have tried all other options in the FAQs. I even tried selecting no when asked if that account has been set up to sell media. What came up was prompt that said an existing application was already pending so there was no need to apply. So I guess I really can say I have exhausted all options when it comes to this application. What I really don't understand is I have previously applied for 2 other accounts (as mentioned above -- one for ebooks and one for apps) and I didn't encounter any of this trouble. I would just like to know what went wrong and what we could do so we could finally sell our media.

Hoping for your prompt reply regarding this matter. Thank you very much.

iTunes Connect application process-OTHER

Posted on Sep 15, 2015 8:00 PM

1 reply

itunes distributor application error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.