Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

An unknown error has occured - Mac App store

I can't access my App Store on my Mac with my account. When I enter my Apple ID & Password I get an error: An unknown error has occured. When I enter a wrong password - I get an 'wrong password' reply. So i figured out Apple is checking my account but somewhere somethings going wrong. By the way: I don't get an error code, just that there has occured an unknown error.. I looked for sollutions and tried some. I even created a new user on my Macbook, tried to enter the Mac App Store from this account (with my admin account) but I got the same error. But when I log in with my wifes Apple ID - it works directly without any problems !

In my original Mac account - same thing: my account gives an error, my wifes one is ok.

There are many more people with this unknown error problem, but they aren't getting in the appstore anyhow. It looks like there is something corrupt in my account on my Mac. Anyone an idea?

Login in on iCloud or using the app store on my iPad/iPhone gives no problems.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 16, 2015 6:13 AM

12 replies

Sep 16, 2015 8:19 AM in response to Chiel074

I have had this same problem for several days now. I performed a clean install on two different mac computers and then attempted to log into the app store as soon as the desktop loaded for the first time after creating a new user profile. I get the error message when attempting to log into the Mac App Store with two different Apple ID's.

Sep 16, 2015 9:24 AM in response to Chiel074

Launch the Console application in any of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go ▹ Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad and start typing the name.

The title of the Console window should be All Messages. If it isn't, select

SYSTEM LOG QUERIES ▹ All Messages

from the log list on the left. If you don't see that list, select

View ▹ Show Log List

from the menu bar at the top of the screen.

Click the Clear Display icon in the toolbar. Then take the action that isn't working the way you expect. Select any lines that appear in the Console window. Copy them to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. Paste into a reply to this message by pressing command-V.

The log contains a vast amount of information, almost all of which is irrelevant to solving any particular problem. When posting a log extract, be selective. A few dozen lines are almost always more than enough.

Please don't indiscriminately dump thousands of lines from the log into this discussion.

Please don't post screenshots of log messages—post the text.

Some private information, such as your name or email address, may appear in the log. Anonymize before posting.

When you post the log extract, you might see an error message on the web page: "You have included content in your post that is not permitted," or "The message contains invalid characters." That's a bug in the forum software. Please post the text on Pastebin, then post a link here to the page you created.

Sep 16, 2015 9:35 AM in response to Linc Davis

This is the dump I got when starting the Mac App Store:

16-09-15 18:32:26,404 App Store[1129]: Unknown class FRToolbar in Interface Builder file at path /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/StoreUI.framework/Resources/Base.lproj/FRStor eViewController.nib.

16-09-15 18:32:26,857 storeaccountd[762]: XPC error for connection com.apple.backupd.sandbox.xpc: Connection invalid

16-09-15 18:32:26,863 storeaccountd[762]: XPC error for connection com.apple.backupd.sandbox.xpc: Connection invalid

16-09-15 18:32:27,164 storeaccountd[762]: XPC error for connection com.apple.backupd.sandbox.xpc: Connection invalid

16-09-15 18:32:27,173 storeaccountd[762]: XPC error for connection com.apple.backupd.sandbox.xpc: Connection invalid

16-09-15 18:32:27,212 sandboxd[137]: ([762]) storeaccountd(762) deny mach-lookup com.apple.backupd.sandbox.xpc

16-09-15 18:32:27,219 sandboxd[137]: ([762]) storeaccountd(762) deny mach-lookup com.apple.backupd.sandbox.xpc

16-09-15 18:32:27,228 sandboxd[137]: ([762]) storeaccountd(762) deny mach-lookup com.apple.backupd.sandbox.xpc

16-09-15 18:32:27,236 sandboxd[137]: ([762]) storeaccountd(762) deny mach-lookup com.apple.backupd.sandbox.xpc

16-09-15 18:32:44,980 App Store[1129]: Could not find image named 'NSImage'.

16-09-15 18:32:52,559 App Store[1129]: Failed to connect (_window) outlet from (AKAuthWebTabView) to (NSWindow): missing setter or instance variable

Sep 16, 2015 12:09 PM in response to Chiel074

Back up all data before proceeding.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

Right-click or control-click the line and select

Services ▹ Reveal in Finder (or just Reveal)

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open with an item selected. Move the selected item to the Trash. You may be prompted for your administrator login password. Restart the computer and test. If there's no change, restore the item you deleted from a backup, overwriting the one that may have been created in its place. Otherwise, you may need to recreate some of your settings in the Network preference pane.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. In the Finder, select

Go ▹ Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You may not see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

Credit for this solution to ASC member luis.pinho.

Oct 5, 2015 10:00 PM in response to Chiel074

I am hitting this as well:

10/5/15 9:30:12.641 PM storeaccountd[322]: XPC error for connection com.apple.backupd.sandbox.xpc: Connection invalid

10/5/15 9:30:12.990 PM sandboxd[143]: ([322]) storeaccountd(322) deny mach-lookup com.apple.backupd.sandbox.xpc

I have tried the whack of NetworkInterfaces.plist, a different machine, and confirmed I do not have two-step authentication.

I've seen in another thread to make sure my machine has a serial number (they both do).

Neither had this issue before El Capitan.

Oct 12, 2015 4:57 PM in response to gearaholic

Similar problem here.

I can log in to App Store and purchase applications but I cannot complete the installation for 1 application only (Mountain). In App Store I get "An error has occurred" message and in the Console I get "storeaccountd[283]: XPC error for connection com.apple.backupd.sandbox.xpc: Connection invalid" message, but no "... sandbox [] ... deny match-lookup ..." message as in described in the post above. I received Mountain Application Invoice by email and my credit card was charged.

This is what I have tried.

I used 1 MBP and 1 MBA. Each use 2 accounts, Administrator and Standard. All 4 accounts are connect to iCloud with the same Apple ID.

App Store on all 4 accounts show the same problem -> the problem seems to be with Apple / iCloud.

Nonetheless, I tried the following on the MBA using the Standard Account.

Log out App Store, quit App Store, disable two step verification, start App Store, log in and Install again -> not fixed.

Killed all "store" processes, deleted all "store" cache, reboot, start App Store and Install again -> not fixed.

Deleted

NetworkInterfaces.plist
and restart, start App Store and install again -> not fixed.

Something I have not tried: Disable 2 step verification, disable iCloud on all 4 accounts, enable iCloud on 1 account and try to complete the installation.

I hope either the first patch for El Capitan or the major ongoing Two Step Verification upgrade will fix it soon.

An unknown error has occured - Mac App store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.