Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to access file permissions

I am trying to reload my stored videos back into iTunes after a restore. All video files are mp4 and m4v. iTunes has played all of these videos before. Some of the videos loaded, some did not. I checked the info on the files and I have mixed access, where before I had fill permissions. I batch changed all the files so they are all read and write for all accounts. Additional videos then loaded, but again some did not. I checked the info screen and again I was shown that I still have mixed access. The individual files that do not load show full read and write access for all accounts. I have changed the access permissions for the files, folder, and external drive where the videos are stored. I cannot find any files that do not have full permissions.

Is there a problem in my base account settings that is giving me a false mixed permissions protocol? All of these files are otherwise functioning normally and open appropriately with other programs, including Quicktime.

Thank you for your time.

Mac Pro

Posted on Sep 16, 2015 6:20 AM

1 reply

Unable to access file permissions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.