Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto 8.1.2 mac os X 10.6.8 - error messages when I try to buy an iphoto book

Iphoto 8.1.2 and OS X 10.6.8. I've been trying to order a 66 pg iphoto book for weeks. The book previews perfectly and when I try to buy it the first thing i get

User uploaded file

So I try again - the book assembles , then I get "acct info has changed"

User uploaded file

so I fix that and get "invalid shipping address" (it is a VALID address - the same one I always use) but I retype it and finally it is accepted. I then "buy Book" again and "network error" occurs and then "acct info changed" and circle starts all over again. I have tried on my home network and my work network - the same results every time. Is Iphoto 09 8.1.2 not compatable with OS X 10.6.8??? How can I fix this?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2009), Mac OS X (10.6.8), iphoto 8.1.2

Posted on Sep 16, 2015 10:42 AM

2 replies

Sep 16, 2015 2:19 PM in response to sdreyfus

I'm not sure you can order using iphoto 8.1.2 - I've seen reports that only iPhoto 9.6.1 and Photos 1 can order now - that may be the issue

if 8.2.1 is still able to order check your print products country the in the iPhoto preferences

and re-enter (not just check) all of you account and payment information and verify that express checkout is checked and that the shipping address and billing address match the print products country

and there is at least one company that claims to be print projects from iPhoto 09 - PrestoPhoto - http://www.prestophoto.com/ - you can check them out (I have not)

LN

Sep 16, 2015 3:17 PM in response to sdreyfus

Two users reported having talked to senior Support personnel and were told that one must upgrade to Yosemite and either use iPhoto 9.6.1 or the new Photos to upload the the finished book:

Re: greeting card will not upload; it assembles but no upload

Re: iPhoto book not uploading to the store. Quits after assembling

So we're left with either upgrading to Yosemite, getting iPhoto 9.6.1 and ordering or keep trying with what we have and hope it goes thru or Apple fixes the problem. Some users reported success after repeated attempts over time.

Also report your problem to Apple via http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphoto.html as the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

User uploaded file

iphoto 8.1.2 mac os X 10.6.8 - error messages when I try to buy an iphoto book

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.