Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting plugins?

At one time I downloaded quite a few Motion demo plugins. How do I delete them? I took them from my Motion Templates folder to the trash but they keep coming back! I am lost.

Thanks.

Tom

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), 3 GHz 8-Core with 32 GB Ram

Posted on Sep 16, 2015 11:45 AM

2 replies

Sep 16, 2015 3:45 PM in response to Thomas Whaley

To clarify, are these actual plug-ins, or FCP Effects created in Motion?

If you are talking about actual plug-ins the best thing to do is run unistallers that may be added to your system when you originally installed the demo. For example FXFactory and Boris install ways to do this when you add the plug-ins to your system. Look for "Uninstaller" packages in the Application folder. Otherwise, check the website you got them from, usually they will have instructions on how to remove plug-ins, or you can contact them directly for instructions.

If these are FCP Effects, they should be in your ~/Movies/Motion Templates/.... Some of these are actually a combination of 3rd party plugins that then include templates (like the ones mentioned above). Effects in this folder can just be dragged to the trash and deleted, just make sure you don't delete ones that you need. If you are more specific about who's plug-in/effect you are trying to remove it would be good to include that information in your post.

Deleting plugins?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.