Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't turn on iCloud, even tho the iCloud window opens in iMovie

I can't view my older iMovies that I can see on the cloud from apple TV or my iPhone but not my new Mac.

the iCloud window opens in iMovie and iCloud is checked and options window has iMovie checked in it too. I unchecked the iCloud drive line and it said it would erase all files on the Mac that were on the iCloud drive so I didn't leave it unchecked. It seems like a reset of the drive tho?//???

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 16, 2015 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2015 8:51 AM

The whole integration with iCloud is basically broken. I have movies that were previously saved and are viewable on my Apple TV but even though iCloud sharing is turned on, iMovie can't find them. I can no longer save anything to iCloud that is viewable on the Apple TV. Yes, I use the same Apple ID, yes, I have plenty of storage space, yes iCloud sharing works for pages, numbers, etc.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2015 8:51 AM in response to Jcperkin

The whole integration with iCloud is basically broken. I have movies that were previously saved and are viewable on my Apple TV but even though iCloud sharing is turned on, iMovie can't find them. I can no longer save anything to iCloud that is viewable on the Apple TV. Yes, I use the same Apple ID, yes, I have plenty of storage space, yes iCloud sharing works for pages, numbers, etc.

Oct 3, 2015 11:36 PM in response to jtowns1911

I can't access any of my videos from Theatre. On iPhone it shows the videos but when I opened them, goes to a black screen and I can't do anything, I need to close the app. On the Mac,when I go to Theatre shows nothing,and in the upper right corner says to turn on iCloud,I click on it opens the Preferences window of iCloud,everything is activated, iCloud Drive, Photos,Mail, Contacts....., I go to iCloud Drive and iMovie is in the list and is checked.Any ideas? I do use same the same iCloud account on on both devices, I know iCloud works because I have iCloud Photo Library activated and I can see the pictures on both devices.. I just don't know what's wrong with iMovie, why I can't access the Theatre library 😟

Oct 7, 2015 7:33 AM in response to Jcperkin

My movies have disappeared from iMovie Theatre on my Mac since installing El Capitan. They are still visible on other devices like the Apple TV, iPhone 6S and the iPad Mini.

Plus: new movies I make in iMovie and upload to iMovie Theatre do not show up in iMovie Theatre on Apple TV or any other device (except on my Mac where i made them) that is connected to iCloud.

Plus: A text in the upper right hand corner of the iMovie main screen has appeared saying: turn on iCloud Drive. If you click on it, the System Preference pane of iCloud appears. In it, you can click on iCloud Drive. Then you see, that for iMovie, iCloud Drive has already been turned on. Turning that off and on again does not help resolve the problem.

Sorry I have no solutions, but I thought adding my exact circumstances might give someone an idea.

Oct 8, 2015 2:24 AM in response to Jcperkin

I too have the same issue, i've tried signing out of iCloud and rebooting iMac several times then signing back into iCloud Drive but still the same.

The other issues this has caused for me is that I now have multiple copies of the same contacts in my Contacts App

Spent hours last night trying to sort so frustrating.

I have filled in a feedback form and sent to Apple re the issues. I am also booked into the Apple Store on a One2One next week so will raise with them if not sorted by then.

If anyone finds a solution please let me know and i'll so the same

can't turn on iCloud, even tho the iCloud window opens in iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.