Announcement: Get ready for iOS 13 and iPadOS

Brand new features for your iPhone and iPad are coming soon. Learn what you need to do >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: game center broken in ios 9

Anyone else seeing this? I saw this during the beta but in the last beta it would actually load eventually. But now it doesn't do anything. Just sits on the white screen. It works perfectly fine on my iPad Mini 3, though.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Sep 19, 2015 9:49 AM in response to ahwm In response to ahwm

Hi everyone

Have the same issue on iPad Air 2. The upgrade to iOS9 went fine on iPhone 6 but on the iPad Air, the Game Center shows blank and selecting it in Settings just freeze the Settings app.

Had five contacts with Apple over the last three days. Three times via chat, then two consecutive senior support engineers over the phone.

Issue is now emerging at Apple and they start to take it seriously. After trying the usual (hard reboot, reset all settings, restore to iOS8 and re-upgrade, restore to blank iOS9 + load backup), it all failed and so got escalated to the senior guys who said the issue was incompatibility between iOS9 and "something" in my backup data... Indeed it makes sense because GameCenter loads fine under blank iOS9 and only starts failing when I put my backup back on (whether from iTunes of iOS).

Then they said:

"Problem is known and being examined. You have two options: #1 is to restore to blank iOS9 and DO NOT LOAD any backup for a few days until we work on the iCloud backup data and let you know when you can restore it (probably at the same time as a fix is issued) or #2 is to restore to your latest iOS8 full backup and wait for the fix to be issued before upgrading again to iOS9.

So there you have it.

A fix is coming and we have to decide whether we want to go back to iOS8 with our data, or stay on iOS9 but without our data, both until a fix is coming...

HTH.
Cheers.

Question marked as Helpful

Sep 17, 2015 8:59 AM in response to ahwm In response to ahwm

I've spoken to Apple support again.

the re-install doesn't work

Logging out and logging back in doesn't work.

Logging out and in to another GC account doesn't work.

I logged in to my GC account from another pre IOS 9 phone and that worked.

Adding all this together shows that the issue is not with my GC account but in fact it is to do with the install of IOS 9 on my phone.

I have a call back set up with a senior Tec from Apple for tomorrow. They said he will go through it more in depth and will try to get some logs from my phone. I will update you with anything they find.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Sep 16, 2015 3:09 PM in response to ahwm In response to ahwm

Yes, I have the same exact issue ... I noticed this issue doesn't show up with iDevices that updated to iOS 9 without going through the beta, it only shows up with my iPhone that was updated to iOS 9 beta, then to iOS 9 official ... it seems something went wrong with the beta phase ... check the video (https://youtu.be/Sq29ZlneqRo) for the full issue ..

Sep 16, 2015 3:09 PM

Reply Helpful (2)

Sep 16, 2015 11:29 PM in response to ahwm In response to ahwm

hello!

Same issue with GAME CENTER I found today (same like on luay1985 video).

I have never install ios9 beta, (I only install ios 6 beta many years before).

"Reset all setting" doesn't help me.

On the second IPHONE and on IPAD of friends everything is ok.

And now I can't open game center, can't play game center games and can't open game center settings and can't exit from game center.

In the internet I found that in ios 9 developers change something in game center (merged some sandbox accounts or something like this I don't know).

I don't know what is sandbox accounts and I don't remember I use it or not.

see for more info (may be this is not about this problem)

https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/13285

https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/13287

Please, help

iPhone 4s, iOS 9

Sep 16, 2015 11:29 PM

Reply Helpful (1)

Sep 17, 2015 2:27 AM in response to denisamir In response to denisamir

I have around 100-130 applications ... but the issue isn't with the application itself since I can easily get it back from iTunes, the problem is with the application data (Like whatsapp photos and chat, Line chat, local Photos/Videos, iMessages, game data, ...etc)

Sep 17, 2015 2:27 AM

Reply Helpful

Sep 17, 2015 2:28 AM in response to luay1985 In response to luay1985

I think it because many application installed on iPhone.....

iOS 8 at first half year (before update to 8.3 and recovery to 8.3) have also specific problem with restarting many times before up only if many application installed..........

But GAME CENTER is more important.......

Sep 17, 2015 2:28 AM

Reply Helpful

Sep 17, 2015 2:45 AM in response to ahwm In response to ahwm

I'm having this same issue too. Although, if you are patient and wait for a very long time, GC will eventually log in. My guess is that the games will log in to GC too after a long wait. I spoke to Apple support and they suggested what some have already tried to no avail (re-install IOS9 and then restore your back up) I was going to try it but some of you have mentioned that it does not work.

Do any of you with the issue have Test Flight? I was wondering if it has anything to do with this and the second GC log in it uses? I deleted it with no difference though. Maybe if we had deleted it before the update we may not has had the issue. Just a thought

Sep 17, 2015 2:45 AM

Reply Helpful

Sep 17, 2015 3:07 AM in response to chouffe2000 In response to chouffe2000

1) Question: What is TEST FLIGHT?

2) Question: How you move to IOS9 from IOS8 throw WIFI or throw ITUNES?

3) Question: Do you have problem with blank screen GAME CENTER in IOS7? But in IOS7 the solution was very simple (exit from iTunes and exit from

4) What about IOS 9.1 BETA? Do you have problem in this operation system?

GAMECENTER and reboot or "Reset all setting").

I think iCLOUD BACKUP is same like iTunes BACKUP so, no matter.

Sep 17, 2015 3:07 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: ahwm

Question: game center broken in ios 9