Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 9 Siri does NOT beep.

I upgraded to iOS 9 and if I hold the home button, Siri does not beep and I feel vibrations. And the sound appears only if I change in Siri´s volume settings the speaker to iPhone or if I swtich off vibrations, but then I don´t have vibrations. I tried to reinstall the software fourtimes, but nothing happens. I don´t know wat is wrong.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 16, 2015 1:32 PM

123 replies

Aug 26, 2017 10:12 AM in response to EGG Video

EGG Video wrote:

What I'm trying to connote is that blind people (specially people who loose their visual capacity during their adulthood) should be able to make active (perhaps through accessibility settings) that beep sound that used to indicate when Siri is ready to listen. I really beleive Apple is mistaking when eliminating this option.

With the iPhone 6S and later, "Hey, Siri" is an option. There is still a beep when activating Siri that way.

You can also submit your feedback to Apple here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback

May 11, 2017 6:33 AM in response to Rich Allcorn

Rich Allcorn wrote:

Turning OFF the vibrate feature for "all" instances of vibration is about as stupid as the new change!!!

It's not the vibrate that I mind, but the absence of the beep acknowledgement.
All systems have that. If Apple wants to offer it without it, at least allow them to have a switch to make a choice!

This is not a "new" change. It was introduced almost two years ago with iOS 9.

No, the workaround I explained is not an ideal option. However, unless and until Apple makes a change it's your only option. Send your feedback to Apple.

Jul 22, 2017 11:40 AM in response to Matouš

Please Apple, Make that beep optional (through settings, perhaps at the accessibility section).

I use my iPod every day and I discovered Siri could be very useful for my mother. My mother became gradually blind a few years ago and now she can't see at all. Before purchasing her an iPhone I trained her on my iPod Touch to use Siri and finally, after saving for a few months, I purchased her an iPhone SE just last week.

I became very frustrated when I discovered that, despite having the same operating system on my iPod Touch, she cannot enjoy of a beep alerting her that she can start talking to Siri on her iPhone.

Please Apple, make that Siri beep optional. A few lines of code from your side will potentially make life far more accessible to Blind people (specially the ones that become blind in the middle of their lives which, by 2014 were about 3 million only in the United States).

Thank you in advance.

Aug 26, 2017 10:04 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

What I'm trying to connote is that blind people (specially people who loose their visual capacity during their adulthood) should be able to make active (perhaps through accessibility settings) that beep sound that used to indicate when Siri is ready to listen. I really beleive Apple is mistaking when eliminating this option.

With my iPod touch (still 10.3.2) this feature is still available thus making it much easier to understand when it's time to talk. Audio feedback is important specially for blind people who REALLY get profit of all the advantages that only Siri offers on mobile phones.

iOS 9 Siri does NOT beep.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.