Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ios9 stuck on slide to upgrade

stuck on slide to upgrade on iPhone 5 after upgrading to ios9 help!!!

iOS 9

Posted on Sep 16, 2015 1:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2015 2:53 PM

same problem with 5s - I am trying through iTunes on computer - still nothing - anyone out there any ideas???

125 replies

Sep 16, 2015 4:37 PM in response to Thomas Stark

Mine too. My phone is now a brick.

I tried updating iTunes to recover the phone, but iTunes won't connect to it until I respond to a message sent to my phone to confirm.

Of course, the phone is stuck on "Slide to upgrade".

Rebooting the phone brings me back to the non-working "Slide to upgrade". I can't go back to an earlier IOS (NOTHING on the phone, including emergency use, is accessible).

I suspect I no longer have a phone. Looks like an Android in my future, I guess. Apple has done this to me for the last time - I'm getting tired of paying over $1000 for a phone that crashes & can't be recovered after a simple software update.

Anybody ever come up with a solution to this? Looks like there's a LOT of us with bricked iPhones at the moment.

Sep 16, 2015 5:09 PM in response to Dazpeo

iPod Touch 5th Generation, 32 GB here. Had the same problem, still having the same problem. I did a hard reset, and had false hope because it seemed like it was about to work aaaaand.... Right back to where I was.

If you try to connect to iTunes to do a restore backup. I resolved the problem of not being able to have the device respond by doing a hard reset, then going through the steps until I reach the screen where it says "Update Completed". This rendered me able to allow the device to connect to the computer. I tried to begin a restore, and was met with a message saying I didn't have enough memory on my computer to restore from backup, so that's a problem on my end.

Sep 16, 2015 5:24 PM in response to Dazpeo

I just put the phone into "Recovery Mode" & re-installed IOS9 from iTunes.

Guess what? Went though all that (looked like it was going to work), and then...stuck on "Slide to upgrade"

Again.

On iTunes, Synch, Transfer, Backup and Restore are all greyed out, and iTunes won't connect to my phone.

So, as for trying to do this through iTunes...don't bother. It takes an hour or so and accomplishes nothing.

iTunes does now say that it's updated my phone, but changes can't be finalized until I turn off "Find My iPhone" on the phone itself...which is, of course, locked up (on "slide to upgrade") & all features and apps are inaccessible.

REALLY???? Should it be this hard???

Sep 16, 2015 5:32 PM in response to krystalline_18

Considering that IOS 9 just came out today (if I'd know that, I wouldn't have even tried to update my phone), I expect probably 100 million people are trying to update, as we speak. Maybe the system is so overloaded your download will take a long time.

I sincerely hope you don't get the problem the rest of us are having, though. Apparently, there is NO possibility of successfully finishing the upgrade unless your phone is already working & you can turn off "Find my iPhone" BEFORE you start upgrading. For those of us who didn't know that, we're stuck without any answers, and we don't have phones at all.

Ios9 stuck on slide to upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.