Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

*** ! Apple cancelled my service repair twice without giving any reason. Why ?

Hey All,

Writing here in hopes that someone from Apple can take a look and take some remedial actions on the recent issues I have been facing with Apple service repair. Also do post if any oe you have faced crazy problems like what I am facing now.

On 9/9, I noticed a problem with my Iphone 6. I was using it in a Otterbox case for its whole life and was not brutally dropped but when I removed the case, I noticed that the bottom half of the phone's body was slightly loose. When I press hard against the corners besides home button it will flex a little and make a click sound. So I opened a service request (Request ID :A1****75) immediately. Unfortunately at that time I was about to fly out to India on Same evening so I couldn't drop it off to Apple Store myself and choose the UPS drop off option. I dropped the phone to the nearest UPS store and got the receipt and tracking but couple hours later I got a surprising email saying 'Your Apple Repair request has been cancelled'. So I called AppleCare and they informed me that the person who created the service request mentioned wrong description of the problem and it had to be cancelled (This is after I called AppleCare the same morning to confirm that everything is ok and I can drop of my phone).

I told my situation to those people that I am leaving in the evening and have already dropped off the phone and provided them with tracking no and other details I had. After alot of request , they created another repair request (Repair ID :D1*****00) and attached details of my original request to it. They promised that there won't be any other issues.

Flash forward a week and I just got another email from Apple saying 'Your Apple Repair request has been cancelled', again without any reason. This time, I have checked and confirmed that the iPhone have been delivered to their Servicing location in El Grove on 9/11. The bigger problem is that I am currently in India for next 3 weeks and can't easily contact them for it due to limited connectivity and time difference.

I would like to know if there is a way to take this kind of issue to a higher level and get quick resolution. Also is there a good email address where I can send my grievances or a chat option ? I never expected this kind of support from Apple and this is my first time with repair request ever.

Hoping for some good suggestions and advice.

Cheers

Dev

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1, ***********

Posted on Sep 16, 2015 4:25 PM

2 replies

*** ! Apple cancelled my service repair twice without giving any reason. Why ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.