Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you add rewards cards to Apple Wallet?

How do I add rewards cards to the iOS 9 Apple Wallet? For example Panera was listed as a loyalty card that would be supported out of the gate and I have that program. How do I go about adding the my Panera card to Apple Wallet?

Thanks.

Posted on Sep 16, 2015 5:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2015 8:01 PM

Nearly every credit card or rewards card has it's own little quirk for adding it to Apple Pay. Keep in mind, not all are compatible or not able to be added to Apple Pay. For example, Starbucks Card must be done through the Starbucks App, which needs to be downloaded to your device. Thereafter, open Apple Wallet and follow the directions, "NEXT" located at the top right hand corner of Wallet. It's imperative that your when your name comes on the Wallet App, that it reads just like your Panera account. I.E, if you have a Discover Card that reads your legal name on the face (John F Smith), then that name on the Apple Wallet must be the same before scanning/reading the card. If it does not match, then at the end of the adding process, a pop window will read, contact issuer or try again. I hope this helps?

17 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2015 8:01 PM in response to ItIsJustMe

Nearly every credit card or rewards card has it's own little quirk for adding it to Apple Pay. Keep in mind, not all are compatible or not able to be added to Apple Pay. For example, Starbucks Card must be done through the Starbucks App, which needs to be downloaded to your device. Thereafter, open Apple Wallet and follow the directions, "NEXT" located at the top right hand corner of Wallet. It's imperative that your when your name comes on the Wallet App, that it reads just like your Panera account. I.E, if you have a Discover Card that reads your legal name on the face (John F Smith), then that name on the Apple Wallet must be the same before scanning/reading the card. If it does not match, then at the end of the adding process, a pop window will read, contact issuer or try again. I hope this helps?

Jun 25, 2017 10:50 AM in response to bernasia

Hi bernasia. I'm also unsuccessful in being able to add air miles to the Apple Wallet App. The section at the bottom is supposed to add "passes" but when I have the cam look at the number on my card it doesn't recognize it.

I've been using Stocard and have immensely pleased with how fast it picks up any code on almost any card, and my friends in Europe even have their companies in it's immense database.

Guess I'll keep using StoCard to pop up all my cards that are basically membership cards till they can finally find their place in Apple Wallet

🙂

G

Sep 22, 2015 9:13 PM in response to ItIsJustMe

Apple had shown many Reward Cards and Credit Cards in the last WWDC but the fact is that there are only few reward cards/loyalty cards which can be added to your Apple Wallet right now. More will be coming by this fall as I have read somewhere online.

They all work differently.

For example in case of Starbucks and DD,

1.) Buy gift cards (or if you have then simply add them) from respective stores. Minimum amount for Starbucks is 10 $ and Dunkin' Donut is 5 $. You can use them to pay for your own coffee.

2.) Make accounts for both stores online or via App Store applications.

3.) Add your respective gift cards in both applications.

4.) For DD, select "My Card" on bottom left corner in mobile application and add your gift card over there.

5.) For Starbucks select "PAY" option on top left corner of the mobile application and add your gift card over there.

6.) After that you will see an option to add them in your wallet in respective application.

In case of Walgreens,

1.) You just need to add your reward card in it's iOS application on your account.

2.) Go to Balance Rewards on the home screen of the application.

3.) You will see your Walgreens balance rewards there.

4.) Select "Add to Passbook" below it. (Yes. App is still showing passbook instead of wallet.)

Sometimes you will see blank screen on your Walgreen home screen. In that case delete the app and reinstall it. This will work.

I will let you know about more updates as they comes out.

Hope so this is helpful to you.

Thank you.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Oct 27, 2015 4:27 PM in response to kirbmeister

Does this mean that Apple no longer supports adding arbitrary cards via third party apps like LifeLock Wallet which was possible with the original PassBook? I have a bunch of membership (non-rewards) type cards like AAA and cards from local supermarkets which were entered with the camera or by hand via LifeLock Wallet or its predecessor Lemon Wallet. I see no interface to add cards like that in the current Apple Wallet (iOS 9). Has Apple given up on the idea of an open wallet/passbook implementation?

Oct 27, 2015 4:51 PM in response to Michael Berch

I think that still works, I have a bunch of things like various travel "frequent flyer" program cards and such (airline, hotel, rental car). They were added via other apps (the various apps for those companies) and your picture taking/scanning app probably did the same thing. Same for things like Fandango movie passes or flight boarding passes, the respective apps add them in.

What I'm talking about are loyalty cards that could be used at point of sale and provide discounts (think about the various grocery cards that give you different pricing when you scan them at checkout). The important bit there would be that NFC would then trigger the activation of the loyalty card at checkout much like it can payment via credit/debit card. Panera, Walgreens, all the major grocery chains, they all have similar concepts and that's what I'm looking to do. I believe that was the point of the loyalty card announcements during the keynote.

Oct 27, 2015 5:13 PM in response to ItIsJustMe

My question is specifically about cards that do not have associated apps. (As it turns out, AAA does, as I found out via the App Store's "Browse for Wallet Apps" feature.) Since posting above, I learned that LifeLock withdrew its app due to security concerns and supposedly deleted all it data, but the Wallet (formerly PassBook) cards it created are still on my iPhone.

And now the App Store does not seem to have any apps that allow you to add arbitrary cards to Wallet. There are apps like Mobile Pocket, Stocard, and Key Ring, but they are each standalone and do not add your card to Apple Wallet. It seems that Apple has closed and locked down the Wallet system, which is too bad if true.

Apr 7, 2016 9:32 AM in response to ItIsJustMe

What I'm gathering from this is that even though Apple says it does rewards cards/loyalty cards, it really only does a very limited number store credit cards and maybe a gift card or two of the mag-stripe kind.

I was hoping to move all of my Key Ring app cards over to Wallet, but I guess that's not possible. I like Key Ring, I just always prefer to reduce the number of apps I have whenever possible. #clutter

Apr 7, 2016 10:58 AM in response to MatWeller

It's up to the businesses that operates the rewards program to make then available. There are two possible ways the the retailer can make rewards card available. They can add them to wallet/passbook with a scan code. If their CC terminal will support it, the information can be passed using NFC (Walgreens offers this).

Apple does not support all of the possible bar code types in Wallet/Passbook, so companies like CVS that use a UPC type can't add theirs.

Walgreens is the only one that I'm currently aware of that offers the capability to send your rewards information to the POS using NFC.

How do you add rewards cards to Apple Wallet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.