Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Medical id not showing on emergency lock screen

I setup my medical id info on my iphone 5. And it doesn't show up in the emergency lock screen. All the information is saved and filled out.

Posted on Sep 16, 2015 5:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2017 3:07 PM

I found something! Finally, I had the same issue on my Iphone SE.

1. Turn on Iphone to lock screen

2. Press home button once

3. It will show the "Enter pass-code or Fingerprint" and it will also say "Emergency Call" or just "Emergency".tap on that button.

4. It will open the call screen for Emergency Services, look down by the green phone icon and it will say in red

" * Medical ID". Tap on that.

I finally figured this out, very helpful website: https://www.imore.com/how-make-emergency-call-locked-iphone

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2017 3:07 PM in response to mspeiffer

I found something! Finally, I had the same issue on my Iphone SE.

1. Turn on Iphone to lock screen

2. Press home button once

3. It will show the "Enter pass-code or Fingerprint" and it will also say "Emergency Call" or just "Emergency".tap on that button.

4. It will open the call screen for Emergency Services, look down by the green phone icon and it will say in red

" * Medical ID". Tap on that.

I finally figured this out, very helpful website: https://www.imore.com/how-make-emergency-call-locked-iphone

Sep 17, 2015 12:05 PM in response to mspeiffer

Hello, mspeiffer.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you're Medical ID information is not showing on the lock screen. I would need a little more information on how you are attempting to access your Medical ID information. However, I would double check to make sure that you are going through the steps below to access this information.

Medical ID

With iPhone, you can personalize your Medical ID to keep your important health information in case of emergency.

User uploaded file

Tap Medical ID. Then tap Edit to add information such as birthdate, height, weight, and blood type. You can also add emergency contacts.

Turn on Show When Locked to make your Medical ID available from the Lock screen. This lets people helping you in an emergency get important information about you. They'll also be able to contact people you've entered as emergency contacts.

Here's how to access Medical ID when your device is locked:

1. Swipe to unlock.
  2. Tap Emergency.
    User uploaded file
  3. Tap Medical ID, on the emergency dial screen.
    User uploaded file

Use Health on your iPhone or iPod touch

Cheers

Medical id not showing on emergency lock screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.