Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS9 Zoom scale not working

i've been dealing with the zoom device lock ups ever since I upgraded to ios8 on my AIR2 and my 6+ so I really was wanting ios9 to fix it. I upgraded my AIR2 as soon as I got home tonight.

Well something is not right in ios9 and for me it's worse than the lock ups!. The double tap three fingers and drag to scale zoom in/out no longer works. It works once maybe twice then quits after a reboot. I'm forced to use the controller to scale in/out.

Hope they fix it like yesterday! It really slows me down and I don't like having to use the controller.

iOS 9

Posted on Sep 16, 2015 8:41 PM

7 replies

Oct 6, 2015 4:01 AM in response to blindguynar

I am becoming increasingly frustrated with the way accessibility is becoming a after thought in iOS. I have used Apple since 1986, I have been so impressed how Apple has taken Accessibility very seriously since OS X in 2000. I am a software developer and know when corners are being cut. Basically I too am up-set about the degrading usability in iOS since 8. I expect teething issues in .0 and .1 but the locking is still very frustrating. For vision impared developers it is difficult to be an early adopter of the iOS releases, BETA releases seem almost unusable since iOS 8. My biggest issue now is the sensitivity in 9.0.2, basically when I try and do 3 finger double tap it keeps pressing buttons, making me trigger things I really don't want to, it is terrible using banking apps and the phone keeps making calls when I don't want too. When I make the calls wrongly it takes ages to hang up because the interface is so difficult to use now. I wonder if this is to do with 3D Touch support, I have the iPhone 6+ 128G, so I don't know what it is like on the 6S devices. At this rate if Apple forgets the importance of the 4 quadrants of accessibility and what this mean to usability, function and form, things will get worse and Apple will lose marketshare. Maybe just maybe this is a sign of things to come when my favourite man of all time Steve Jobs isn't around to make sure certain things are done write regardless of market pressure. I am very upset, I have always hosted how Apple are the only company to take Accessibility seriously. I can't use my phone very well anymore, I may need to get my money back and see if Android can work well for me. 29 years of Apple dedication from when I was 6 on the MacSE, I wouldn't say this if I wan't extremely frustrated with Apple direction.

* I reiterate, more than half the time I 3 finger double tap it presses buttons. It makes it hard to do banking and I keep false calling people I really don't want to.

* Making software good doesn't always mean adding new features, there must be a consistent level of standards. Apple may be losing everything that made it successful - great user interfaces (not patchy updates introducing market trending gimmicks).

(iPhone 6+ 128G, Developer and Apples biggest fan every!)

Oct 6, 2015 4:04 AM in response to LowVisionMacGuru

exactly!my thoughts exactly!

did you try going to beta 3 of iOS 9.1?

i have installed it on my iPad air 2 and seems to work ..a bit...better

but again..this is not an excuse

we do so many things with our iOS devices and this has to remain that way

your thought regarding 3d touch is something that i wa thinking that might have gone wrong in the accessibility field but again this isn't an excuse

you can't ad a new feature and destroying a very important one which you had it for years!

by the way

a guy posted a comment here and was deleted not sure why but nevertheless it was a detailed description of the issue and how he fet

something that wouldn't have t be deleted!

IOS9 Zoom scale not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.