Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After Update iOS 9, Smart Case Lock Sound Problem on iPad Mini 2

I installed iOS 9, having a problem. I'm using the smart case .

Close the smart case , "click " sound(lock sound) is minimal(low,damaged) and sound up/down bar is not visible .

But the on / off button of use there is no problem & click sound is normal.

Do the same for everybody ?

My product: iPad mini 2 Wifi & Apple Smart Case

iPad Mini, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 16, 2015 9:46 PM

14 replies

Sep 29, 2015 5:26 PM in response to stanco_

I Am experiencing the same issue. When I close my case it makes a very weak click, unless I click the lock button then it will sound fine. Also whenever I try to turn up my Volume, the Volume doesn't show up on my screen, unless (stated above) you press the Lock button twice, but once you cover the screen with the cover it goes away. I hope Apple can fix this issue, because I've been trying to contact them and it's not working.

Oct 3, 2015 7:00 AM in response to stanco_

I have the same problem with my iPad Air /w Smart Case after upgrading to iOS 9.

After some experimenting I discovered a work around. Go into Settings > General and turn off Lock / Unlock. The Smart Case will no longer lock or unlock the iPad but the volume display will now be visible.

Alternatively you can view the volume control from the Control Center (swipe up from the bottom of the screen).

Hopefully this will get fixed in the next iOS update.

David

Oct 3, 2015 11:50 AM in response to stanco_

I Would just like to Update:

Apple just release the IOS 9.0.2

Now when i close my Smart Case, "Sometimes" it'll make the normal click sound, and sometimes the weak click. And now the Volume will display "Sometimes." Ha ha It looks like Apple tried to fix it, or they did something, but it seems to be working every once in a while. I was wondering if anyone else though is experiencing notification problems?

My IPad will say I have notifications, but if I try to view them when my IPad is in Landscape Mode, (On its side) it says I have No Notifications. I have to turn my IPad Uprgiht in order to view them

Billy

After Update iOS 9, Smart Case Lock Sound Problem on iPad Mini 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.