Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The settings to turn on the Character Preview is missing

Updated to iOS 9 today and the settings to turn on the Character Preview is missing. Anyone else have this problem?

iPad Air Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 16, 2015 9:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2015 9:50 PM

I don't believe the iPad ever had Character Preview (where the typed character enlarges and raises above the character) to begin with, thus there is no setting to enable or disable it on the iPad. I think Character Preview is an iPhone only feature since the screen and keyboard are smaller in relation to the iPad.

I checked on my iPhone 5s and the setting is there. Both of my iPads (mini 2 & Air 2) do not have the setting.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2015 9:50 PM in response to tony.d.

I don't believe the iPad ever had Character Preview (where the typed character enlarges and raises above the character) to begin with, thus there is no setting to enable or disable it on the iPad. I think Character Preview is an iPhone only feature since the screen and keyboard are smaller in relation to the iPad.

I checked on my iPhone 5s and the setting is there. Both of my iPads (mini 2 & Air 2) do not have the setting.

The settings to turn on the Character Preview is missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.