Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weird syncing issue with iTunes

When syncing my iPhone 6+ to iTunes 12.3.0.44, and selecting Apps under settings, instead of seeing my Apps organized in the window to the right, there's just a rotating circle. I am able to organize the Apps on my iPad 3 and wife's iPhone 5. I've just updated to iOS 9 on all three devices, tried a hard reset on the 6+, restarted iTunes, as well as the computer which is running Yosemite, to no avail. Also tried repairing Disc Permissions.

User uploaded file

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 16, 2015 9:33 PM

6 replies

Sep 17, 2015 4:06 AM in response to daironin

Thanks daironin! I always think it's just me when issues like this come up.

With the real estate of the 6+, I'd forgotten what a drag (pun intended) it is to rearrange my Apps manually. Not bad if you only have a few; time-consuming for dozens ;-)

Perhaps someone who has the 9.1 Beta and a 6+ can comment if they're having the same issue?

Sep 20, 2015 1:47 PM in response to hamiltonrrwatch

I've been working with an apple rep for a couple days on this, they are actually taking it very seriously. I was very pleased. Asking me to dump diagnostic logs for both itunes and my iOS device. If it makes you guys feel better I'm getting the same issue with my iPhone 6+ on El Capitan iTunes 12.3 as well.

Weirdly iPad works on both no issues...😕

Sep 20, 2015 2:12 PM in response to spork76

Yep. My iPad 3 and iPhone 5 both sync effortlessly. I can rearrange the Apps on both as well.

On another note, I ran across something yesterday I'd never seen before. My wife had no internet or Mail access over cellular; Safari simply didn't work. Phone was fine, Messages worked. But every time Safari was started, she received the 'no-network-to-connect-to' message.

I tried resetting 'All" and Network settings, did a hard as well as a regular restart, checked the Cellular and Privacy settings, dumped the History and Website data, and even went into the 'Advanced' settings and removed ALL website data; wiped the phone and restored from a backup; same message, and no Safari. Finally had to wipe the device completely and set it up as a new phone; that worked. Unfortunately, that also erases all Messages. I have a tool that will extract the Messages, Voicemails, etc. from a backup but won't upload them back to the phone.😠

Makes me wonder if it's an iOS issue; she's running 9.1 as well.

Oct 1, 2015 8:06 AM in response to hamiltonrrwatch

hamiltonrrwatch wrote:

Thanks daironin! I always think it's just me when issues like this come up.

With the real estate of the 6+, I'd forgotten what a drag (pun intended) it is to rearrange my Apps manually. Not bad if you only have a few; time-consuming for dozens ;-)

Perhaps someone who has the 9.1 Beta and a 6+ can comment if they're having the same issue?

This issue started with iOS 9 public beta 1 and has remained through all of the updated beta versions as well including iOS 9.1 beta2. Only affects my 6 plus not my iPad Air Hmmmmmmm ...

Weird syncing issue with iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.