Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

siri not talking ios 9

With IOS 9 did they do away with Siri respond by speech?

iPod touch, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 16, 2015 8:53 PM

7 replies

Sep 18, 2015 5:28 AM in response to New Edwin

Yes, I have iOS 9 and I just checked my iPad 4 with iOS 9 and no problem.

Have you tried:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4079

Next

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Sep 23, 2015 9:08 AM in response to New Edwin

my way is a little extreme but i did it this way to avoid reseting some things like passwords and touch id after fixing it which normally after restoring would be reset. Basically first go to download blog.com download the last iOS version (8.1.4) then after downloading it, open iTunes, and for mac , Option Click the check for update button then update to the firmware you downloaded, after completion simply re update back to IOS 9 and this way you basically did like a master reset but everything would be there and you won't have to re do touch id or anything. of course as usual please back up you phone just for insurance purposes.

siri not talking ios 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.