Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 9 update, lost game centre

After updating ios9 lost game centre, blank page and when I go to settings it freezes settings and can't do anything. I tried to reboot, change autodate removed cover from iPad as others have tried in the past and nothing worked. My husband also updated his iPad mini at same time and has same problem.

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Sep 16, 2015 11:11 PM

15 replies

Sep 16, 2015 11:14 PM in response to Edwinafrombc

Hi! A restart/reset may help. This won't delete your data stored on this device.

• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button
  • Press and hold on the Home button
  • Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off and back on with Apple logo on it.

Alternatively, you may go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201559

If this does not help, restore your device to factory settings. Note that this will erase the data from your device.

Take a look this Apple Support article: Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support.

Sep 21, 2015 5:42 PM in response to Edwinafrombc

Same issue here. I've literally completely wiped clean my iPad four times; restored to factory settings, then restored from a backup from BEFORE I downloaded 9.0 and it STILL froze me out. I just now finally connected to Game Center settings, after letting it spin long enough for me to go make some butterbeer lattes. But it still won't load Game Center or the apps I use. I'm hoping someone has a fix that actually works. Most people that come to this forum already know the reboot and/or restore fixes.

Oct 28, 2015 7:07 PM in response to Edwinafrombc

I have the solution, maybe, 80% chance this will work, but anyways... I figured something out, I hope this helps you. Today I was trying to fix game center by restarting it. So after about 9 tries, i opened game center and it worked! But I realized that I had no wifi or data so I turned it on and game center still didn't work. So I decided to try something. I forced restarted it (home button and power button for 10 sec), typed in my passcode, and turned on airplane mode, and when I opened my game center, to my relief, it worked! So I kept airplane mode on, went on settings and opened the game center option, I thought, it's probably going to freeze, but to my surprise it didn't! After about 10 seconds, it loaded, so I clicked logout. I stayed logged out and went back on game center. After about 7 seconds it asked me to log in so instead, I turned on my wifi again, logged in and boom, my game center worked fine! I was so happy! But after a while it will suddenly stop working so you will have to repeat the same process. Well I hope this works for all of you guys! If it doesn't I a very sorry for wasting your time. Well then, I'll see you guys! =)

iOS 9 update, lost game centre

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.