Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth transfer rate (is there an imposed bottleneck?) - help!

Hi all!

I've been developing an OS X application that reads data from a bluetooth LE wearable device (moov.cc) and re-sends those data to a mac mini using an UPD protocol. It works, but (the is a giant BUT) the problem is that the transfer rate is nowhere close to the potential of the device: it sends 16 notifications every second instead of 66.

How do I know that the correct transfer rate is 66 notifications every second? Well, because if i build an iOS app that implements *the same* code, the result is 66 notifications per seconds!

So, it looks like that my Mac Mini has a forced bottleneck somewhere, and I'm asking if anybody has some information on how to bypass that limit

This is an year-old post that might be related to the issue, which suggests a workaround, but it really looks kind of scary to me...

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21435775/osx-bluetooth-le-peripheral-transfer -rates-are-slow

Do you know if there is a simpler way to overcome the problem?

Thanks a lot!

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 2:57 AM

There are no replies.

Bluetooth transfer rate (is there an imposed bottleneck?) - help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.