Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Checklist isn't working in notes iOS 9.0

i have all the other functions at the bottom bar on the note, like trash, photo, free draw but nothing else.

I Noticed on a YouTube guide of how to use there is an extra icon that allows you to format in checklist, number or bullets! I am missing this icon.

Any suggestions? Or anyone else missing this?

Thanks

iPad Air, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 2:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2015 11:36 AM

I only had this issue on my iPad mini 2. As it turns out I wasn't seeing it either because I a) had a hardware keyboard attached, and b) it seems it's in a different spot on the iPad vs iPhone.

when you have the software keyboard on the screen, flick up at the top of it to expand the quick type bar. you should see the checklist icon, formatting icon, copy/paste, predictive text, and the photo and draw icons.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2015 11:36 AM in response to Hellsbellseccles

I only had this issue on my iPad mini 2. As it turns out I wasn't seeing it either because I a) had a hardware keyboard attached, and b) it seems it's in a different spot on the iPad vs iPhone.

when you have the software keyboard on the screen, flick up at the top of it to expand the quick type bar. you should see the checklist icon, formatting icon, copy/paste, predictive text, and the photo and draw icons.

Feb 24, 2016 8:24 AM in response to gjhsmith

You do have to have your notes linked to iCloud and updated

http://help.apple.com/ipad/9/#/iPad99e3f0bb

is a page from the manual. It can be a bit tricky, took me a bit to get it to work on mine. I hadn't linked to iCloud and then I had the keyboard suggestions turned off, instead I would see a tiny white line above the letters on the on screen keyboard. Dragging that little line up reveals that top row on the on screen keyboard.

Checklist isn't working in notes iOS 9.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.