Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 9 Notes not syncing

I noticed that since I updated to iOS 9 the App Notes is no longer synchronising with my MacBook Pro via iCloud.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 2:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2015 4:46 PM

I am having this same problem. Please let us know if you figure it out.

112 replies

Sep 19, 2015 7:38 PM in response to Chaddav

I'm also seeing this same issue. Notes on my desktop and laptop on OS X 10.10.5 are synching between each other through iCloud, but are not showing on my iPhone on iOS 9. I've tried deleting and reading my iCloud account on the phone, and then restarting. I've also toggled notes synching on and off in iCloud settings.

Sep 21, 2015 12:27 PM in response to andrewwoodward1966

andrew,

Maybe you can help me. My wife and I both have an iPhone 6 running iOS 9. She is logged in using her Apple ID and on my phone I am using my Apple ID. I added my Apple ID under her iCloud account and activated notes. When we were running iOS 8 our notes would sync between our two phones. Now with iOS 9 for some reason our notes app don't sync. It's really weird that she has the new notes app but when she taps on my iCloud account in her notes app the notes look like they did in iOS 8 and they don't sync.

Another thing to note is I have calndar activated under my Apple ID and our calendar's sync, but why not notes? Really strange.

Would you happen to know the cause of this? My iPad was updated to iOS 9 and it syncs with my phone. The only difference is is that my iPad has my iCloud signed in as the main account. On my wife's phone my iCloud ID is a secondary account, but it worked fine on iOS 8.

I really hope they didn't change something since we use the Notes app a lot and don't want to lose it.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Sep 21, 2015 5:06 PM in response to Triple4

Hi Jeremy,

Hmmm, this is beyond me. Sorry. As one of you have an iPhone 6, you should still be under warranty to I suggest a call to Apple technical support and they should be able to help.

A work around is to share reminders so if your wife has a reminder list, like a shopping list, she can share it to your mac and iOS devices. It is quite cool.

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH12516

Another alternative is to share a simple note account. It is free and has a great iOS and Mac software.

http://simplenote.com

Good luck.

Andrew

Sep 23, 2015 10:48 AM in response to Paul_Redman

Paul_Redman,

I spoke with AppleCare on the phone yesterday and it seems like it is an iOS 9 bug. I was having issues syncing Contacts and Calendars with my wifes phone too and AppleCare was able to resolve that issue. What we did was add her iCloud ID to "Mail, Contacts and Calendars" to my phone and I did the same on her phone, however, Notes still would not work and sync even though I had Notes turned on on both our phones. That is what they thought was the issue but we were both signed in on each others iCloud accounts and Notes is not cooperating.

The AppleCare associate said she is going to forward the issue to the iOS team. So it appears it has something to do with iOS 9 and the way Notes syncs between devices.

I will keep you and everyone on this forum updated once I hear back from Apple.

Sep 26, 2015 7:51 AM in response to mouatmac

Mouatmac,

I agree, it's a major bug in iOS 9. Just ***** that it doesn't work and who knows when they are going to get around and fix it. Not sure if taking it in to an Apple Store will resolve it but if you do and they discover a fix, please post. I don't think they will be able to fix it though. I find it funny that Calendar and Contacts work and sync with no issues between our phones but Notes, the app they redesigned it all buggy.

Guess we just have to hang in there.........

Jeremy

iOS 9 Notes not syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.