Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud yearly plan

I currently have the yearly plan of 10.99$/month. with 20GB of storage. Will the storage be upgraded to 50GB?

iPad Air, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 3:59 AM

3 replies

Oct 9, 2015 10:41 AM in response to RobertItaly

I just spoke with Apple about this for almost 45 minutes and it is sort of a "gray area" as they said.

Annual iCloud subscribers will be locked into whatever size they are currently paying for. For me, I was paying $10.99/yr for 20GB. In order to get the 50GB plan (for an extra $1/yr) you will have to switch to the monthly payment plan.

Good news is, your account will be issued a prorated credit for the time remaining on your annual subscription when switching to monthly.

Hope this helps!

Feb 3, 2016 12:17 AM in response to bfair15

I use to be in a yearly plan that technically would have been renewable in March. They switched me I guess in September to a monthly plan (50 GB). I am trying to to a free plan (5GB), however I can't for some reason; when I go through the downgrade window and pick 5GB free the "Done" clickable icon is greyed out. So I am stuck with a 50 GB plan that I don't need. Any idea why I cannot downgrade ? Is it because I originally had a yearly plan oil March and even though they put me on monthly (pro rated reimburse me at the time) they still won't allow you to downgrade until the anniversary date ? It does not make much sense when you are supposed to be on a monthly plan.

Feb 3, 2016 9:44 AM in response to gatesbuster

gatesbuster wrote:

I use to be in a yearly plan that technically would have been renewable in March. They switched me I guess in September to a monthly plan (50 GB). I am trying to to a free plan (5GB), however I can't for some reason; when I go through the downgrade window and pick 5GB free the "Done" clickable icon is greyed out. So I am stuck with a 50 GB plan that I don't need. Any idea why I cannot downgrade ? Is it because I originally had a yearly plan oil March and even though they put me on monthly (pro rated reimburse me at the time) they still won't allow you to downgrade until the anniversary date ? It does not make much sense when you are supposed to be on a monthly plan.

Come your billing date, it will revert to the 5 GB (if that's what you chose).

iCloud yearly plan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.