Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer purchases from device not working

Win 10 Pro x64.

iTunes 12.30.044 x64

iPhone 6 iOS 9

iPad Air iOS 9

I did a clear install of Windows and now I can't sync my iDevices with it my PC since transferring purchases from my iDevices doesn't do anything. They can back up fine but when I try to transfer purchases it starts and "finishes" within a few seconds without doing anything.

My wife's iPhone 5 and iPad 2 transferred purchases as expected fine on 8.4.1.

iPhone 6, iOS 9, null

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 5:15 AM

10 replies

Sep 17, 2015 6:54 AM in response to Wilfredo Nanita

Misery loves company. Experiencing this issue as well. Running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit and updated to iTunes 12.3.0.44 64-bit last night, then downloading and updating my iPhone 6 Plus from iOS 8.4.1 to iOS 9.0 (13A344). No issues or so I thought anyway. Later in the evening directly from my iPhone I purchased and downloaded a new app in addition to updating a number of other apps. When attempting to sync (...automatic or manual) my iPhone with iTunes (tethered) here this morning my new purchase and app updates are not transferring from my iPhone to iTunes. Ridiculous. Hey Apple. Sync much? *shakes head*

Oct 7, 2015 5:16 PM in response to pax0707

Yes, with the introduction of iOS 9 and iTunes 12.3 apps are no longer transferred into iTunes when backing up. App thinning allows each device to download only the code and resources needed by that device. I suspect Apple will make some changes to the way this works, but in the meantime you can download past purchases from iTunes and/or enable automatic downloads of app purchases to make sure iTunes always has the apps that you want on your device. As long as you make sure all apps are present and updated in iTunes before attempting a restore there should be no loss of data.

tt2

Oct 11, 2015 7:08 AM in response to turingtest2

Are they for real!? Man, this place has gone to the dogs since Jobs passed... I have a fairly limited monthly data allowance, and a few rather large apps. Constantly downloading updates is not an option for me. TT2, do you know if I can sync apps from the library back to the devices? At least I will only have to do one download for each, if I can. (There are five devices that sync to my library.)

Transfer purchases from device not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.