Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blank space around e-mail view on iOS 9

Since I upgraded to iOS 9 last night, my e-mails are displayed with a lot of whitespace around the whole message, see this screenshot:

User uploaded file

Especially HTML mails look small and ugly, but normal text-only mails are also displayed smaller than necessary. It is just a huge waste of screen real estate. Can I fix this by changing any setting or do I have to wait for Apple to notice and fix it?

iOS 9

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 4:54 AM

7 replies

Sep 17, 2015 5:11 AM in response to Alexander Kriegisch

Hi! Try to restart/reset your device. This won't delete your data stored on this device.

• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button
  • Press and hold on the Home button
  • Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off and back on with Apple logo on it.

Alternatively, you may go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201559

Sep 19, 2015 1:13 PM in response to Alexander Kriegisch

I have this too. But what I am wondering is if this is part of the iOS 9 design. Does everyone see this or do some people see their emails without all that space. Because if everyone sees it then there is nothing we can do, it is part of the design. Want to know that before I go resetting all settings and spending the time to set all those settings up again. Which in my experience with other problems, a reset has never worked and is just a big waste of my time.

Oct 4, 2015 1:58 PM in response to Alexander Kriegisch

Apple needs to fix this. I too have a smaller font setting so I have all of this white space around my emails. And of course, any email I get from apple (like a response to a support thread) doesn't display correctly. I have to scroll the Apple email from right to left because it is too wide for my screen. This never happened until iOS 9.

Blank space around e-mail view on iOS 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.