Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updates to Itunes 12.3 and now Iphone doesn't show up

I updated to IOS 9 last night.

This morning I plugged in my iphone to Dell Windows 10 PC. It picked up and did a backup and sync just fine.

I upgrade to Itunes 12.3 after the backup / sync was done. Reboot PC and plug in iphone .. now itunes doesn't show my Iphone, but I can see the Iphone fine in windows explorer and grab photos / videos from it.

Anyone have any suggestions on things I can try?

iPhone 6, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 6:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 8:58 AM

Ok I resolved the issue myself with help of some apple help articles. After upgrade to Itunes 12.3 the apple mobile device USB Driver was not visible in device manager under USB devices. I followed the steps in this article: iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

Specifically the section "If the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver is not Listed": (there is not updates yet for Windows 10, so the instructions are a little different).

I followed the portion where you right click the apple iphone entry in device manager (was listed under Portable Devices). I right clicked the apple iphone and update driver and followed their instructions as noted below.

Browse to folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers.

Double-click the "usbaapl" file. (This file will be called "usbaapl64" if you have a 64-bit version of Windows. If you don't see "usbaapl64" here, or if there is no Drivers folder, look in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers. instead).

Click OK in the "Install from Disk" dialog.

Click Next and finish the driver-installation steps. Open iTunes to verify that the device is recognized properly.

-----------------

After completing the above immediately the Apple Mobile Device USB Device showed under USB in device manager and itunes picked up the iphone and started syncing (my iphone was already plugged in and itunes was opened).

Regards,

Gaurav

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2015 8:58 AM in response to gkalro

Ok I resolved the issue myself with help of some apple help articles. After upgrade to Itunes 12.3 the apple mobile device USB Driver was not visible in device manager under USB devices. I followed the steps in this article: iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

Specifically the section "If the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver is not Listed": (there is not updates yet for Windows 10, so the instructions are a little different).

I followed the portion where you right click the apple iphone entry in device manager (was listed under Portable Devices). I right clicked the apple iphone and update driver and followed their instructions as noted below.

Browse to folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers.

Double-click the "usbaapl" file. (This file will be called "usbaapl64" if you have a 64-bit version of Windows. If you don't see "usbaapl64" here, or if there is no Drivers folder, look in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers. instead).

Click OK in the "Install from Disk" dialog.

Click Next and finish the driver-installation steps. Open iTunes to verify that the device is recognized properly.

-----------------

After completing the above immediately the Apple Mobile Device USB Device showed under USB in device manager and itunes picked up the iphone and started syncing (my iphone was already plugged in and itunes was opened).

Regards,

Gaurav

Sep 19, 2015 6:54 AM in response to Joe Siegler

Did you guys power off? I have not had to do that, just synced again this morning and I never applied the fix except that one time. However I don't shut off my PC .. I only let it sleep when I am not using it.

Anyhow, I don't want to reboot my PC just to test this out but there definitely seems to be a problem here that needs to be addressed by Apple / Microsoft. We should submit this to their support. At least we are functional in the interim.

Updates to Itunes 12.3 and now Iphone doesn't show up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.