Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't downgrade icloud storage from 200GB to 50GB

A week ago, I upgraded from 20GB (annual subscription) to 200GB (monthly) as my data was going over 20GB.

A new 50GB plan was released yesterday. I follow the instructions given on iCloud storage upgrades and downgrades - Apple Support , but at the last step, the "Done" button is grayed out. So I can't downgrade.

I have tried both from my Mac (Yosemite, 10.10.5) and iOS devices (ipad, iphone, on ios 8.4.1) and same goes everywhere.

I have a total of 23GB of icloud data, so there is no reason I can't downgrade to 50GB. The 200GB is overkill for me at this point.

Thanks for your help!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 6:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2017 5:48 PM

Apple UI here is a complete buuulshit. On the page with a disabled "Done" button, select your current 200GB plan, then press "Done" button and when a new page shows up, you can change 200GB to 50GB plan.

4 replies

Sep 18, 2015 6:33 AM in response to Eric Root

Thank you Eric. Support took care of my issue very quickly. It turns out that my downgrade request had been registered by iCloud but the UI was not making it very clear:

User uploaded file

The "Done" button is grayed out, looking like I can downgrade, but the checkmark next to 50GB indicates that my request is registered and will apply upon renewal.

Can't downgrade icloud storage from 200GB to 50GB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.