Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcasts in ios9 missing 15 sec rewind and FF buttons

Am I missing something? The 15 second rewind and fast forward buttons have gone missing in my ios9 update on my iPhone 6. These are must haves and used every day. I know there is a scrubber bar but I'm not interested in using that to rewind and/or fast forward. Please let me know if I'm missing something or this was left out (hopefully inadvertently) from ios9.

iPhone 6, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 5:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 12:42 PM

I thought the same!!! 😟

But I just tried tapping on the screen in the blank space immediately left and right of the play button in the Podcasts app, and low and behold....it rewinds/fast forwards 15 seconds! 😀 lol so they're there...but just invisible!

18 replies

Sep 24, 2015 8:49 AM in response to Community User

I Cannot make the Rew/FF appear by tapping near the arrow for audio podcasts, as one user above noted.

However, the Rew/FF is still there for video podcasts. Additionally now the video podcast continued with its audio, when I tap the home button to go to a different App. This part, continuing the audio only, is a good thing.

Now give me back the Rew/FF buttons for audio.

Additionally, give me back the time stamps on the scrubbing bar. Without them it is much harder to pick out a particular segment or phrase to listen to again.

Oct 6, 2015 4:36 AM in response to Community User

None of the updates to iOS 9 helped, but a Reset on my iPhone fixed the issue You have to repair Bluetooth devices, reset Notifications, etc, not a big deal. Do a Reset All Settings, not an Erase ALL... It also fixed an issue where icons would be missing in the App Switcher for me. And things like screen rotation seem more responsive. So I am glad I did it. Hope this helps some of you.

Podcasts in ios9 missing 15 sec rewind and FF buttons

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.