Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes won't sync between iPhone & MacBook Pro.

I loaded IOS 9 last night and started using the iCloud for syncing notes, to get the extra facilities. I moved 59 notes from an associated gmail account to my iCloud account.

I run a macbook on 10.10.5

I can see the notes on iphone6, ipadair but not the macbook?

on iCloud.com I can see the notes?

I cannot see them on the Notes, yet the iCloud is listed etc

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), iOS 7.1, Mail

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 5:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 8:45 AM

Try going to System Preferences/iCloud and making sure Notes is checked. If so, uncheck Notes, log out/in, and then recheck Notes. If you chose to upgrade Notes on your IOS device, it may not sync properly until 10.11 is released.

14 replies

Oct 4, 2015 7:29 PM in response to Monners1960

Just wanted to mention that this comment did NOT help me. El Capitan has frozen twice when I've tried to install it, and I am typing this on an old MacBook while my current computer takes about 8 hours to restore its previous OS from a Time Machine backup.

What would be helpful would have been if Apple had stated, in gigantic type, DO NOT DOWNLOAD IOS 9 IF YOU DON'T HAVE EL CAPITAN INSTALLED. Or, even better, they could have just made the new notes backward compatible for people not running El Capitan so we wouldn't have to go through this headache.

The ease of jotting down a note on an iPhone and seeing it on my computer was a huge beneft for me, which Apple has now ruined.

Notes won't sync between iPhone & MacBook Pro.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.