Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Read only permission on folder creation in Shared folders? Why

I have a Power Mac running os 10.6.8 that I want to use as a file server to 2 other new Mac Pro's (one on 10.10.4 one on 10.9.x)

I have shared a folder on the Power Mac, The two users connecting to it are admins on system, set the folder permissions to read/write for those users for that share..

When either one of the users creates a new folder to this share from their own machine, the file is only read/write for the user who created it, and read only for all other users, even though the folder they are creating in gives them read/write access. I have spent 2 days searching solutions and have come across this issue a bunch but all proposed solutions are not seeming to do the trick for me (tried using SMB instead of AFP, tried ACL's , tried some other terminal commands, which Im not sure were formatted correctly.)

I am pulling my hair out at such a seemingly stupid issue. I can get around terminal a bit, but Im no guru. Is there an actual workable solution to this issue?

Thanks!

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), 3 macs networked together

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 6:22 AM

There are no replies.

Read only permission on folder creation in Shared folders? Why

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.