Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB personal hotspot not working iPhone 6 IOS 9

After upgrading to IOS 9 the USB/ Bluetooth only Personal Hotspot will not connect my MacBook Pro. When I select this option with wireless turned off on the iPhone Network Preferences shows not connected.

The Wi-Fi Personal Hotspot works just fine.

Tried restarting both the iPhone and the MacBook.. no help.

For security reasons I prefer to us the USB option. Using a Verizon iPhone 6.

iPhone 6, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 6:02 AM

9 replies

Sep 18, 2015 5:20 AM in response to Steve Mattson

I got the same problem both with the iPhone (iPhone 6 Plus) and the iPad (iPad Air 2).

Both were upgraded to iOS 9 and prior to this I know for sure I could use this connection on, at least, the iPad, since I use it daily. I do not have a configuration in the network configs no my Mac for the iPhone since I have never used it on this Mac (Macbook with Yosemite).

The USB is working fine since iTunes and Photos detect both devices once I connect.

The Hotspot is also working fine via WiFi.

I found a post online which refers to a possible solution but I do not have the same errors in the logs to which it referes. Maybe it can be helpful to anyone else.

http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/206025/usb-tethering-gone-after-upgradi ng-to-ios-9-and-itunes-12-3

USB personal hotspot not working iPhone 6 IOS 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.